Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fan Girl Moment

I haven't written anything today, but I actually have a really good excuse! I have spent the entire day, when I wasn't in class, reading Ready Player One by Ernie Cline. I'm not a professional reviewer, and I hate when a book review just gives you a detailed summary of the plot. So...all I have to say about this book is that once I started it I didn't put it down. I read it while I drove to class, I read it in the parking lot (I was 30 minutes late because I kept reading just one more page!), and I read it in the shower. The book is black so it stained my hands dark blue, but I just kept reading! I read the entire book cover to cover in about 12 hours. It wouldn't have taken me that long, but I had to take a few breaks for class and food and talking to people. There is no higher praise I can give a book than that I couldn't put it down. Actually...I take that back. There is one thing that makes this book even more amazing. At the end, I was left satisfied and with a sense of completion. A lot of books leave me wanting one more chapter, or even an entire sequal to tie things together. This book ends right where it should. I highly reccommend this book to anyone who has a remote interest in the 80's, gaming, or dystopian novels. Please, please, please read this book. I promise you will be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment